| < September >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Orkney Islands in September is quite mild at 11.5 °C (52.7 °F).
- Afternoons can be mild with average high temperatures reaching 14 °C (57.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally a little cool with an average low of 9 °C (48.2 °F).
- In September there is a range/ variation of mean diurnal temperatures of 5 °C (9 °F).
- The weather in September is somewhat dry with rain once in a while. Just 78mm (3.1in) of fluid falls across an average of 15 days.
- The skies in Orkney Islands are somewhat dreary having on average merely 3:40 of gorgeous sunshine per day.
- The shortest day is 11:32 long and the longest day is 14:07 long with an average length of 12:50.
- There are approximately 8:48 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 29.5% of daylight hours and cloudy 70.5% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Orkney Islands September averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for September in Orkney Islands, Uk
Navigate to September Weather in Locations Surrounding Orkney Islands:
- Hoyvík/ Tórshavn, Faroe Islands - 402.3 kms (250 miles) NNW
- Torshavn, Denmark - 401.8 kms (249.7 miles) NNW
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk - 214.4 kms (133.2 miles) WSW
- Kinloss, Uk - 150.1 kms (93.3 miles) SSW
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 237.6 kms (147.7 miles) SSW
- Tiree, Uk - 360.6 kms (224.1 miles) SW
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk - 329.4 kms (204.7 miles) S
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 354.4 kms (220.2 miles) SSW
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 405 kms (251.6 miles) S