| < April >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Orkney Islands in April is cool at 6.5 °C (43.7 °F).
- Afternoons can be a little cool with average high temperatures reaching 9 °C (48.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cool with an average low of 4 °C (39.2 °F).
- In April the average diurnal temperature variation/ range is 5 °C (9 °F).
- The weather in April is slightly dry with occasional rain, sleet or snow. Only 51mm (2in) of fluid descends during on average 13 days.
- In April the skies in Orkney Islands are slightly fair having an average of a mediocre 4:50 of splendid solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 13:13 long and the longest day is 15:44 long with an average length of 14:29.
- There are approximately 9:17 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 34.2% of daylight hours and cloudy 65.8% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Orkney Islands April averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for April in Orkney Islands, Uk
Navigate to April Weather in Locations Surrounding Orkney Islands:
- Hoyvík/ Tórshavn, Faroe Islands - 402.3 kms (250 miles) NNW
- Torshavn, Denmark - 401.8 kms (249.7 miles) NNW
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk - 214.4 kms (133.2 miles) WSW
- Kinloss, Uk - 150.1 kms (93.3 miles) SSW
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 237.6 kms (147.7 miles) SSW
- Tiree, Uk - 360.6 kms (224.1 miles) SW
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk - 329.4 kms (204.7 miles) S
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 354.4 kms (220.2 miles) SSW
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 405 kms (251.6 miles) S